Perfect Timing! Let’s Talk About Snow Removal.
February 11, 2013
Travelers Insurance has some helpful information when it comes to managing all this snow and unpredictable weather we’re getting. You will find many helpful tips to protect your home.
Here are a few tips to protect yourself when removing the white stuff from your driveway and side walks:
- Stretch as if you’re going for a run. All those muscles need to warm up before you put them to work.
- Dress in removable layers. As your body heats up, you can peel them off.
- Know where you want to dump the snow. This way you won’t be moving it more than once.
- Clear your cars first. I don’t know about you, but I certainly don’t want to have to shovel the same spot twice.
- Remember, use your leg muscles. Your back will thank you for it!
- If you will be using a snow blower, please do so safely.
- If you need to remove snow from your roof, try a roof rake first; That way your feet are still firmly planted on the ground instead of getting this view!
Your SZW Team