Protect your most valuable asset with the right policy. Serving Utica and all of Central New York.
Your home here in the greater Utica area is one of your largest investments. The main worry for homeowners is enough insurance to pay for damages after a major loss such as fire or windstorm. Ice and snow are also a concern, especially with the tough winters we experience here in Central NY.
With premiums increasing across national providers, there’s never been a better time to get a second opinion on your homeowners insurance.
Scalzo, Zogby, & Wittig, Inc. – a Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agent:
- Works with many insurance companies.
- Helps you compare protection and prices to find the best coverage and value that’s right for you.
Has local agents — real, live community members of the Utica area and the Mohawk Valley, so we get to know you and find the right insurance for your vehicle.
Let us find the right coverage for you, at the right price. Types of coverage include:
- Coverage A: Dwelling – Dwelling coverage protects your house and attached structures such as garages and porches.
- Coverage B: Other Structures – Covers detached structures such as garages and storage sheds.
- Coverage C: Personal Property – This coverage protects your contents. We recommend Replacement Cost on your contents so you can get more out of your claim.
- Coverage D: Loss of Use – If your home is damaged as a result of a covered loss, Loss of Use pays your extra expenses because you can’t use your home while it is being repaired. Motel and transportation costs are examples.
- Coverage E: Personal Liability – If you or any household members are sued and found negligent for causing the injury of another person or damaging another’s property, liability will pay damages and defense costs.
Every home here in Utica and the Mohawk Valley is unique – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on homeowners insurance for you.
What determines your premiums?
Our clients often wonder:
- Does their insurance cover jewelry, home computers, and furniture?
- Will they be replaced in the event of a loss?
- Are there limitations in homeowners insurance coverage to consider?
- What if a visitor slips and falls on their property. Are they adequately covered for personal liability lawsuits?
When you call or stop in to our office, we’ll start the review of your homeowners insurance by completing a thorough building replacement cost estimator. The other coverage amounts on your homeowners insurance policy are based on this Dwelling Coverage.
Then we’ll talk about your contents and any exceptional, collectible, or valuable items that may need special coverage. Jewelry insurance is a good example.
And, we’ll recommend an adequate amount of Personal Liability coverage. A Personal Umbrella Liability policy is a good way to protect yourself from catastrophic liability from both a personal lawsuit or a car accident.
Many of our companies offer substantial discounts to qualified clients who combine their car and homeowners insurance policies. And, there are discounts available for our clients for safety devices and claims-free histories.
SAVE WITH HOMEOWNERS DISCOUNTS
- New Home Discounts
- Protective Devices
- Higher Deductibles
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from New York's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.