Keep Your Home Safe While You Are Away
April 6, 2012
Ahh….. Vacation…. It’s that time of year when we all start thinking of where to go, how far we feel like driving, or should we fly? Once that is settled our bags are packed and we just can’t get out the door fast enough.
Wait! Have to make sure the house is taken care of. While you might remember to ask the neighbor to get your mail and pick up the newspaper off the front step, you should also think about a few additional ‘house cleaning’ steps to protect your home. Even though this doesn’t even come close to covering all bases, here’s a few things to think about:
- Set up automatic timers on your lights, indoors and out.
- Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway.
- Turn down the heat or air conditioning.
- Turn off the water to your washing machine.
- Leave the radio on low, tuned in to a talk show.
- You can even contact your local police department and ask them if they can have extra patrols in your area.
- Oh, and tell your kids NOT to post anywhere that they’re going on vacation. (they can brag about it later)
Most importantly, relax and enjoy yourself!
Your SZW Team