Boat & Watercraft Insurance
Make your time on the water relaxed and worry-free with the right coverage. Serving Utica and all of Central New York.
Scalzo, Zogby, & Wittig, Inc. – a Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agent – will find you a boat insurance policy that protects you, your friends and family, your watercraft, and your boating equipment.
The average boat costs less than a dollar a day to insure.
We’re ready to answer questions about your boat and watercraft policy and all of the discounts available to you.
With premiums increasing across national providers, there’s never been a better time to get a second opinion on your boat and watercraft insurance.
Scalzo, Zogby, & Wittig, Inc.:
- Works with many insurance companies.
- Helps you compare protection and prices to find the best coverage and value that’s right for you.
Has local agents — real, live community members of the Utica area and the Mohawk Valley, so we get to know you and find the right insurance for you
Let us find the right coverage for you, at the right price. Here are some things to consider when shopping for boat and watercraft insurance:
- Navigational Area: Know where you are covered in the water
- Agreed Value Coverage: Boats depreciate just like automobiles. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. Agreed value means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability: Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident.
- Physical Damage Coverage: Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Since boat coverage is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat’s owner you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects: Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling, and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage: This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps, etc.
Emergency Assistance: The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor, and delivery of gas, oil, or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water
What determines your premiums?
Every situation is unique — talk to us today to find out how to get the best value on boat and watercraft insurance in the greater Utica area and the Mohawk Valley.
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from New York's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.