We found 15 of them at the Readers Digest.com:
- “I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over an embankment.”
- “I thought my window was down but I found it was up when I put my head through it.”
- “The other car collided with mine without giving me warning of its intention.”
- “To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck a pedestrian.”
- “I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.”
- “Going to work at 7:00 this morning I drove out of my driveway straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.”
- “My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.”
- “I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat I found I had a fractured skull.”
- “I didn’t think the speed limit applied after midnight.”
- “Windshield broken. Cause unknown. Probably voodoo.”
- “I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way.”
- “I started to slow down, but the traffic was more stationary than I thought.”
- “I bumped into a lamppost which was obscured by human beings.”
- “I knew the dog was possessive about the car, but I would not have asked her to drive it if I thought there was any risk.”
- “No one was to blame for the accident but it would never have happened if the other driver had been alert.”
We leave you with a bit of fiction that to us seems all too real when it comes to the natural human tendency to deny fault.
Jerry Seinfeld answers the phone and it’s the retired Jack Klompus calling from Florida. He had borrowed Jerry’s Cadillac.
Jack Klompus: “I had a little mishap with the car. I’m down here in Alligator Alley. You better get down here.”
Jerry: “You drove the car into the swamp?”
Klompus: “Jerry, it drove itself into the swamp!”
There you have it. The big, nasty ol’ car drove itself into the swamp. Happens all the time.
Until next time,
Your SZW Team
SZW Insurance is your New Hartford area independent insurance agent. Call us for a quote on insurance for your home, car, business, or life at 315.792.0000. Or request a quote here.