One of our friends has two kids getting married this year. That’s right, a son getting married in Connecticut and a daughter right here in Utica. No question, he and his wife (mainly his wife) have some serious wedding planning ahead of them. (Though we have heard he’s starting to get interested in watching Say Yes to the Dress on TV…yikes!)
The thing about weddings is that not only are they one of the most special days in your life, but they are also one of the largest events you’ll ever plan.
And pay for! There’s the church or venue for the wedding itself, the reception, the dress, the wedding presents, food/drink/entertainment. The list is long and expensive. Brides.com did a study and found the average wedding cost in the U.S. is $28,082!
But what happens if something goes wrong?
The reception venue can go out of business a short time before the wedding. What about your deposit and finding another venue? Or your bridal shop closes leaving you without a gown. Or something goes wrong with the photos.
Scary to think about, unless you get our Wedding Protection Plan from the Travelers. For as little as $160 you can buy some peace of mind for all of the following Wedding Mishaps:
- No Dress or Tuxedo: If lost or damaged, you can get repair or replacement.
- Lost Deposits: You’ll get your deposit back if a vendor goes out of business, declares bankruptcy before the wedding, or just fails to show up.
- Lost Rings: If the bride or groom’s wedding bands are lost or damaged you can get repair or replacement cost.
- Severe Weather: Reimbursement for your wedding’s postponement because of very bad weather such as a hurricane (especially if you plan your wedding down south).
- Transportation Shutdown: If the bride, groom, or their parents can’t make it because of a commercial transportation shutdown, you can get your non-recoverable expenses reimbursed.
- Ruined Photos: Hard to think about, but if your photographer’s film is defective or negatives are lost or damaged, you get help recovering the cost to take new photos.
- Damaged Gifts: You can get repair or replacement cost if your wedding gifts are damaged.
- Venue Requires Insurance: You can add liability coverage to protect yourself in case a guest is injured or causes damage to property.
- Liquor Liability: As an option, you can add this to protect yourself from liability arising from alcohol related occurrences.
- Additional Expenses: You get the difference in cost if a vendor suddenly becomes unavailable for your wedding but you do find a last minute replacement.
Scalzo, Zogby & Wittig can help you make the right choices when it comes to protecting yourself from the expenses of “things that can go wrong” at your wedding. Add us to your checklist and give us a call. Let’s be sure your wedding is the best, most beautiful day of all!
Until next time,
Your SZW Team
Scalzo, Zogby & Wittig, Inc. is your New Hartford area independent insurance agent. Call us for a quote on insurance for your home, car, business, or life at 315.792.0000.