It’s National Fire Prevention Week!

Have you replaced the batteries in your smoke detector?  Now is as good a time as any.  Soon, we’ll be running those furnaces, fireplaces and space heaters.  You’ll want to make sure you do this as safe as possible.  Have your chimney inspected and cleaned.  Give your space heater a LOT of space. 

Here’s a few more tips:  Keep matches and lighters out of reach of young children….Inspect all electrical cords…..Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking – many fires start from unattended cooking.

Most of all have a home fire escape plan and meeting place for the entire family once you’re safely out of the house.

See the National Fire Protection Association website for more information.

Stay Safe!

Patty Terenzetti, ACSR

Posted on: October 12th, 2011 at 3:30pm by pattyt. Filed under: Uncategorized
Tags:

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 315-792-0000